Affinity Federal Credit Union is headquartered in Basking Ridge and is the largest credit union in the state of New Jersey. It is also the 86th largest credit union in the nation. It was established in 1935 and as of December of 2022, it had grown to 489 employees and 229,030 members at 22 locations.
Membership in Affinity Federal Credit Union is open to anyone through membership in the New Jersey Coalition for Financial Education or the Connecticut Jump$tart Coalition (one-time $5 membership fee for either). Membership is also open to employees of AT&T, AT&T Wireless, Saint Peter’s University Hospital .and more than 2,000 other Select Employer Groups.
Affinity FCU Datapoints:
- Chex systems for membership of CU
- Not geolocation locked, will need to join one of the qualifying memberships though
- Pull Experian FICO 8
- CLIs every 6 months- will be HP
- Very proactive in giving AI CLIs automatically
- They will ask for POI/DOCs (recent member gave 2 paystubs)
- Can double dip on HP with CLOC (up to $10k)
- Conservative on loan products like you would expect on smaller credit union: Credit seeking behavior, how many new credit lines/inquiries in 12/24
- $1,000* limit to fund your account(s) with a debit or credit card
- Same UI as DCU, similar pre-approved offers in user account after X amount of time
- Some rough stats on Starting limits; About 70% saw under $15,000, 20% or so saw approximately $20G-$25G and 10% saw near the $30G area. These were for opening starting lines for the (Cash Rewards) card.
Recent Affinity FCU Video
2022 Affinity FCU Data
2021-2023 Approval data
- 730 FICO 8, 3.5yrs AAoA 3/6 10/12 11/24
- $5k 783 FICO 8, 3 inq, 2 new accounts, 1 sba loan 3% Utilization on$71k CLs, 8 accounts( 2 year tax returns requested, provided 17’,18’)
- $12.3k 777 FICO 8 (last 2 copy of paystubs)
- $7500 @ 12.5% 3/12 inq
- $21.5k 753 low DTI Utilization 10%
- $10k Sig card approved with 2012 BK7
- $5k, 17.25% APR
- $25k, over 800 CS- 2023
“You will need to have 12 months of re-established credit after your discharged BK.”
This Small Business Loan Application is to be used for small business credit requests up to a maximum of $100,000. For credit requests exceeding this amount, please contact a Commercial Lending Officer…
If request is over $50,000 – Submit copies of two (2) years current business and personal tax returns.
I did not have any offers until after I had 4 FICO score updates. My scores at the time were 758 EX8, down from a high of 780, and I have pre-approvals for everything except a mortgage and HELOC. I accepted the Pure Rewards offer, they had it listed as “up to 25,000” and with only a 34k income and only having 500 on deposit that would be a stretch. So I asked for 15k and after filling out the form a message popped up saying they will contact me. About 10 mins later I got an alert they pulled EX. With it being a Saturday when I applied I waited untill Monday, after not hearing anything I called and found out I was approved and will be contacted by a LO when they are available. I wasn’t called until the following Monday and was told I was approved and a card will be sent out after I fill out the Docusign. They also wanted to refinance my auto loan with NFCU, she said I had a great credit report and they see I have a new auto loan but they couldnt beat the rate, they offered 3.11% and I am at 2.69% with NFCU so I passed. The only thing I wish I had done differently is ask for the full 25k lol.