BMO Harris is a subsidy of Bank Of Montreal, a Canadian bank that also has branches and operates inside the United States. Its based out of Chicago but has branches in Illinois, Indiana, Arizona, Missouri, Minnesota, Kansas, Florida, Wisconsin and California. There are over 500 branches and you get access to over 40,000 ATMs. As of Q2 of 2022, BMO Harris Bank has $165.8 billion in Assets (find out more here). BMO Harris is publicly traded on the NYSE under the $BMO ticker.
BMO Harris Datapoints
- Should have 720 and above
- Need 760+ for World Elite CC
- Pulls Transunion Fico 8
- Get checking account, let season for 1 month, then apply for credit card
- No hard pull on checking account setup
- Based in Mid-west and requires you to live in a state they have physical locations (21 states currently) to open up credit card or you will be rejected. The work around is opening up a checking account.
- Can apply online
- Seem to be less sensitive to application sprees/high amount of new accounts/inquires
- Wallet Monkey Community member got approved with 16 inquiries
- BMO pulls Equifax in Canada for credit card applications and you get to use the card immediately if you are an existing client. However, they pull both Equifax and Transunion for a personal line of credit
21 States they currently allow residents of- geo restricted!
If you get approved, here is what that email and approval page looks like