GreenState Credit Union is headquartered in North Liberty and is the largest credit union in the state of Iowa. It is also the 18th largest credit union in the nation. It was established in 1938 and as of December of 2022, it had grown to 874 employees and 411,891 members at 34 locations.
Membership in Green State Credit Union is open to those who live or work anywhere in Iowa, or in counties in Illinois, Nebraska, South Dakota, or Wisconsin that border on Iowa. University of Iowa students, alumni, and staff are also eligible to join, as are members of the Iowa Consumer Council/American Consumer Council. Direct family members of current Green State Credit Union members also qualify for membership.
Greenstate Credit Union Datapoints:
- SP Chexsystems for membership
- SP on credit card products
- HP on CLIs (TU or EQ, you can lock 1 of those down if you want to)
- Can do 3X CLIs after 6 months
- 2 reps told us that there is only 1 credit card per customer
Recent Video on Greenstate CU
- $10k, 800 Credit score, brand new account ($5 in share savings, $50 in rewards plus checking)
- $5k, 708-716 score